Home owner accidentally sets his shed on fire
COTTONWOOD, AZ (Northern Arizona News) – Wednesday morning, Fire Fighters with the Verde Valley Fire District Crews were dispatched to the report of shed fire in the 3500 block of Mission Lane. When crews arrived, they found a smoldering fire inside a shed, which a neighbor was trying to control with a garden house.
The neighbor had been burning grass and weeds next to the shed when it caught on fire. Crews completely extinguished the fire and spent time focusing on the hot spots remaining, for approximately an hour.
Officials would like to pass on to our viewers that as we start running into low humidity and high winds, even on days when burning is allowed, they remind people to be cautious about the surrounding areas where they are burning, making sure they have an area cleared to prevent their controlled burns from spreading into nearby properties, weeds and lots.